Wednesday, May 5, 2010

In Which I Decline to STFU

Oh goodness friends, get your reading faces on for Sunday, because it's only Wednesday and I already have ELEVENTY BILLION links for the weekly reader. Nancy Ruth, you make my life difficult.

So, yesterday's clinic was a bit busy inside; whenever we skip a week (as we did last week) we have a lot of patients for the next one. At first I thought it was going to be pretty bad: a big clinic plus lots of protesters. But thankfully there were not a lot of protesters; perhaps they are gearing up for Mother's Day.

Pink Hat was particularly aggressive, of course. She has been walking along the side of the clinic screaming out stuff like "abortion kills more women every year than any other cause", which, as volunteer KM points out, is just patently ridiculous for several reasons (not least of all that it is absolutely false). She is also still waving her sad little one-armed Jesus all around.

There was a new guy out there today (at least, I've never seen him before). He wasn't super interesting though; just holding one of the standard signs.

Speaking of signs, we got a sign! The CPC next door (where the protesters hang out) has one of those standing up double-sided signs (like restaurants have out front, with the specials) that proclaims their expertise in all options following a pregnancy, and has the details of their business and so on. So we just got a lovely new sign that lets people know we exist, who we are, and that we are open. Hopefully this will cut down in the number of people who go next door by mistake, thinking it is the clinic.

I interviewed a new volunteer today! Hooray!

I am seriously exhausted with all the reading and writing I've been doing in the last two days, so I'm going to leave it there. Keep your eyes peeled for a post I did for Abortion Gang that should be up soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh put a picture up of the new sign since I won't be around to see it until the fall!