Friday, December 16, 2011

The Pedgehog's Holiday Gift Guide 2011


It's that time of year again! When I encourage those of you who celebrate gift-giving holidays to curb your mindless consumerism and re-evaluate meaningful gifts by supporting worthwhile organizations (yes I am aware I am kind of a buzzkill).

Last year I talked about four organizations (ARCC, ACORN Canada, ACR and the Stephen Lewis Foundation) that you could donate to - on someone else's behalf or just out of the goodness of your heart - and I still encourage you to check those orgs out and give them some love. This year I have a few more suggestions, including actual things you can buy!

Most of the following are organizations/projects that I have been involved in OR that my friends and/or loved ones work or volunteer for. If you have other suggestions, please leave them in comments!

Donations


Occupy Toronto (or your local Occupy)








Things to Buy

Global Grassroots: Perspectives on International Organizing (Edited by Wade Rathke)



ACORN Canada 2012 calendars: contact your local office for information

A subscription to Bitch Magazine

Happy holidays!

1 comment:

Kathryn Sheppard said...

Peggy, just saw you suggested donating to jhr!!! I must have skipped this post. Thanks for the props, appreciate it!